Jan 13, 2011

I don't feel any different

I just went to lunch with a friend. I am neither surprised nor proud of what I ordered from the menu; it was just intuitive... I can't eat a pizza for lunch, and I shouldn't get a steak hoagie. The pizza at this place is amazing, and the hoagies are just so-so, so either way, there's no way I would've got the hoagie. I actively decided not to get the pizza.

I ordered the chef salad, minus the pepperoni. The salad has not that much meat, two boiled eggs, and probably 2oz of mozz cheese. Ordered it with full-fat ranch dressing. Fat free ranch dressing is horrible, in my opinion. I also ordered a side of their garlic bread, which is excellent. I ate everything I ordered (except I didn't finish the ranch). I am already over 1100 calories for the day, when usually at this time I'm less than 700. I don't mind, because I just won't snack this afternoon, and whatever dinner is, I'll take it easy.

I intuitively ate, and it is just fine. Sure, I ate a lot of fat (garlic butter, ranch, cheese), but I don't feel any different. The only thing I feel is full. My mind isn't mixing in there, telling me "you already screwed up the day," or anything like that. It's just food. I ate what I wanted, and decided not to eat pizza--which would have been delicious, but so was my meal.

Oh, and guess what else? I'm back down to 190 today, my pre-Christmas pre-vacation weight. It's been a long time that I've been struggling up and down from 190 to 195, and I'm finally on the low side of it again. I'm not going to let it slip away this time. 180's here I come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment