Jan 18, 2011

A good weekend, aided by a stomach virus

Hey, at least there's a positive aspect to having a stomach bug, right? In fact, the very first time I lost weight, which at the time was totally not on purpose, was spurred on by a stomach bug. On Friday, I ate a total of: a handful of grapes, and a small bowl of noodles. Maybe 250 calories for the day. And on Saturday I felt better, but my stomach still didn't want a lot of food in it. I've found that you can hold onto that feeling if you really try, and remind yourself that small meals are totally sufficient. As long as you don't go and cram an entire pizza in there one day, your stomach will stay pretty happy with the smaller stuff. 

Anyway, it was a good weekend of eating. In comparison to last weekend's alcohol debacle, I had a total of one glass of wine last night, and 2 beers watching tv on Sunday. Pretty good. We ordered pizza twice, and both times I only had one slice. I kept my snacks on hand wherever I went, and had things like Stretch Island Fruit, Kashi cereal bars, oranges, and boiled eggs while working on home improvements at my sister and brother-in-law's new house. 

Due to being sick on Friday, I weighed in on Saturday one pound down. I don't really count that, but I also know that it won't be long 'till that pound really is off for good, and I'll be into the 180's again. 

Food sofar today:
1.25 oranges (between breakfast and lunch)
couple handfuls of homemade granola (not low sugar, but my husband made it, and it's soooo good)
roasted butternut squash in the toaster oven (see my pic on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/LauraWV)
and a Lean Cuisine Chicken and Vegetables
I'm at 679 calories for the day sofar. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment