Jan 10, 2011

Feeling crappy but did something great

Today I woke up with a headache, which put me in a sour mood. Since losing 60 pounds, these days are very few and far between. As the day has progressed, and Dayquil capsules have come and gone through my system, and I am again experiencing this headache, I have become pissed at myself for letting me get this way. I know why it happened. Here are the events that most likely led to my headache today:


1. had remainder of a cold last week, though vehemently denied it
then the weekend came, and
2. I worked physically hard at helping my sister get her new house in shape (do not regret this at all), but
3. didn't take a nap Saturday
4. instead, had 4 beers and later 2 glasses of champagne
5. worked hard at Sara's house again (again, do not regret one bit)
6. didn't take a nap
7. proceeded to stay up too late playing Fallout


News flash: if I let my body get too tired and do not treat it well, a lingering infection will most likely pop back up, often in my sinuses, and cause a headache and general feeling of malaise.


The good news?


Good news is, I persevered at work today and finished the section of experiment that I should've finished 2 weeks ago. Even though I have already said this somewhat sarcastically, I will not belittle this accomplishment with further sarcasm. No matter the deadline, this is a big thing for me to have done today. I had help, and it was much needed. My co-worker, Derek, was gracious enough to run most of the samples while I did the experiment, and it was much-needed. There ya go. Big accomplishment today. I did it. One step closer to being a Master of Public Health (in May 2011, can't wait!).


And for anyone who's interested, here's what I have eaten sofar today:
Kashi GoLean Crunch Honey Almond Flax (0.8 cup), Light Chocolate Soy Silk (0.6cup), a Stretch Island Fruit Co mango leather strip, Healthy Choice Chicken Verde, and a whole wheat sandwich thin toasted in toaster oven with olive oil, salt, and oregano sprinkled on it. Oh, and just now a Kashi blackberry cereal bar. Not sure what dinner will hold, but I whole-heartedly intend to sleep through it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment