Mar 30, 2010

New Day, New Outloook

I'm doing better today. Feeling good about myself, even with the hip injury. Made an appointment with the chiropractor for tomorrow, so I feel like I can see an end to this. I'm pretty sure she'll be able to straighten me out. This setback is merely a lesson in good eating practices; I'm eating smarter than I have been for weeks, and when I do get to add the exercise back, I'll be truckin'.

I just finished lunch, already entered in the dinner I plan to have, and I'll be at 1381 calories for the day if I stick to what's in the plan. I'll probably have an apple this afternoon too though, so that's about 60 more. Not too shabby. Just can't have 1800+ calorie days when all I'm doing is sitting around on my butt.

Had a great morning this morning with Tayan and Zene. Took Tayan to school, went grocery shopping with Zene, then the two of us sat down to (his second, my first) breakfast. Made a great Egg CoopMuffin with the help of a biscuit cutter sitting in my frying pan.



















It was delicious. Note: adding fresh cracked black pepper to just about anything makes it Laymen Gourmet. In the words of Yo Gabba Gabba (which Tayan was singing to Zene this morning to get him to eat his pineapple): "Try it! You'll like it!"




After breakfast, Zene and I settled onto the couch to watch "Up"

 ...and then to my amazement, Daddy came home to relieve me of my duties, so that I could go to work, so now I only have to work a few hours this weekend. I love my family! They are awesome!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure which post I'm commenting on, but I got to thinking that Tayan and Zene will look back on this journal someday the way we used to look through our photo albums, only this has more potential to be entertaining. I just love the photo of Zene all satisfied with his head on your shoulder. ~:-)

Post a Comment