Feb 24, 2012

"What AREN'T you doing?"

On Roni's Weigh this week, Roni asked for readers to answer these questions about ourselves: 

What AREN’T you
doing,
experiencing,
trying,
achieving,
enjoying,
wearing,
feeling,
accomplishing,
that you want to be
doing,
experiencing,
trying,
achieving,
enjoying,
wearing,
feeling,
accomplishing,
simply because you don’t like the body you are in?

Here are my answers

I am not doing anything simply because I don’t like the body I am in.

I’m not afraid anymore like I used to be about my body. I don’t mind people seeing the flab on my arms, or my big hips and butt, because they are part of me and I love them. In the last few years I have
  • run 5k races (nearly the slowest in every one)
  • climbed a rock wall in my shortest shorts at Universal Islands of Adventure with people watching,
  • played tag with my kids like it doesn’t matter that I’m 33 years old
  • climbed a mountain without being winded
  • strutted around for my husband, knowing that I’m as sexy as he’s always thought I was

I am not experiencing calm fulfillment simply because I don’t like the body I am in.

Although I have maintained 60 pounds of weight loss for nearly 2 years, I have been unable to rest and know that I am currently at a good, happy weight and fitness level. There is so much more fitness-wise that I know is in me, but I haven’t had the oomph to get it done. I know that if I would eat well 90% of the time (instead of my current ~60% of the time), I would lose some extra pounds that hold me back from accomplishing fitness goals.

I am not trying Chili’s newest dinner deal simply because I don’t like the body I am in.

I have been really good about avoiding restaurants that are problem places for me as far as “not much healthy to order on the menu.” I’m actually really excited about Roni’s trip to Applebee’s, and looking forward to their new <550 calorie menu. Will definitely be checking that out.

I am not achieving 5k races lately simply because I don’t like the body I am in.

Part of my body is this stupid foot of mine, which has troubled me for years. I finally got an x-ray recently and found out that there is indeed a heel spur in there, and it’s been hurting worse than ever. I am afraid to run more than 10 or so minutes at a time because of the idea of the “little rock”-like thing inside of my heel.

…the rest of these I’m going to switch up because I don’t want to be negative any more…

I’m enjoying working out 5 days a week simply because I LOVE the body I am in!

It feels wonderful to be communing with my body for 45ish minutes per day. I have been doing Nike Training workouts from the free app, and they are just brutal! Haven’t gotten beyond the “beginner” workouts, but I’m really enjoying them. I can always count on parts of my body being sore, especially my legs after a lunge and jumping-heavy workout. I’ve also been incorporating weights for upper body training, and it’s been great.

I’m wearing little dresses sometimes simply because I LOVE the body I am in!

Bryan bought me this adorable little dress that I wore on our last date, and it was awesome. It was a stretchy, loose material, so it accentuated my lovely hips, and I just looked cute. Really enjoyed wearing it and feeling special.

I’m feeling confident simply because I LOVE the body I am in!

Of course confidence waxes and wanes, but on some days like today I feel great about myself and the way I look. I can rely on the workouts that I’m doing and the good eating choices that I make, while discarding the days where I’m feeling too crappy to exercise, or decide to indulge in way too much Valentine’s candy.

I’m accomplishing my dream of loving life to its fullest simply because I LOVE the body I am in!

‘Nuff said about that one. It says it all. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment