May 5, 2011

I need to move more!

I was reading a new post of Roni's this morning, and decided I need to post my response here at my own blog as well. The post was called How can we up our daily activity? She's talking about things that we can do that to just move more, whether it's purposeful exercise, or just burning an extra few calories here and there throughout our days.

Here's what I can do to move more:

  • Walk to CVS when we need the "just one item" kinda thing. 
  • Walk to the gas station to fill up  my gas can before mowing. 
  • Mow regularly (push mower, and very steep back yard). 
  • Bike to the grocery store when I have 40 minutes to spare, and we only need a few things.

Here's what I already do:

  • Park far away when I'm shopping by myself (need to up this to every time, no matter who's with me). 
  • Counter push-ups and squats while making bacterial media at work. 
  • Volunteer for all outside field work at work, and encourage us to walk to the top of the mountain to get that sample instead of drive. 
  • Get up early to either walk w/my sister, run by myself, or do Wii Yoga, strength training, or cardio (but I need to do this every day). 

So, that's what I'm going to do. Keep doing what I'm doing, and add some more "move mores" to my day. 

Oh, and by the way, I totally finished my Masters of Public Health degree yesterday by presenting my poster for the faculty and visitors who came by to see it. The whole day was just awesome, and I had so much support from my family and friends. Great day. I'll talk more about it later, I'm sure. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment