Dec 29, 2010

Oatmeal is a great start!

I've got to get focused. Had pizza last night for dinner, and 4 wings... after having Chinese food for lunch. I have to stop the madness! And I have to get to training seriously for the half marathon I'm doing in June (I know it's a long time, but I have a lot of work to do). 

Even though it's been over a year since I stopped at a fast food place for breakfast for just myself, it was extremely hard not to do so this morning. I was groggy from a Nyquil hangover, wanted coffee, wanted carbs, wanted just something to get me through the early morning. Kept telling myself "you have delicious oatmeal at work, you have delicious oatmeal at work..." and somehow managed to drive by all the biscuit places on the way here. And the coffee places...

So breakfast was: 
1/2 cup old fashioned oats, made with water
hefty shake of cinnamon
one packet of Splenda
and I'll take a Nature Valley Trail Mix bar with me for my work this morning. 

This morning I'll definitely be getting some exercise going out to the farm (I work in agricultural research) to exchange data cans. It will mean trudging through a foot of heavy wet snow. Probably should have done it yesterday when it was still too cold to be wet, but here I am. Gotta go clean off the truck... 

Have a great day, everyone! I'm going to have one, too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment